Cetrine Allergy Oral Solution is a non-drowsy antihistamine used for the relief of the symptoms of hayfever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) and allergies such as dust or pet allergies (perennial allergic rhinitis)and rashes associated with hives and itching (chronic idiopathic urticaria).
Symptoms relieved can include sneezing, runny or blocked nose, red or watery eyes and red, itchy skin.
Directions for use:
- In adults and children 2 years and above:
- Cetrine Allergy is indicated for the relief of nasal and ocular symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
- Cetrine Allergy is indicated for the relief of symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria.
- Each 10ml contains 10mg of cetirizine.
- 10ml Cetrine oral solution (=2 measuring spoons) contains:3.15g glucose equivalents (sorbitol).
- If you have a severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min)
- If you are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride, to any of the other ingredients listed on the product, to hydroxyzine or to any piperazine derivatives (closely related active ingredients of other medicines)
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Zirtek should not be taken by pregnant women. Consult your doctor.
- Driving and using machines
- Cetrine is a non-drowsy drug in most people that take this medication. However, if you drive or operate machinery or take part in hazardous activities while taking this medication, you should closely observe your response to the drug.
- Common Side Effects (up to 1 in 10 patients)
- Dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth, fatigue, somnolence, pharyngitis, rhinitis (in children)
- KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE EACH OF CHILDREN.
- READ THE PATIENT LEAFLET BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.
SHORT DATED 06/21