What Panadol tablets are and what they are used for
Panadol tablets are used for fast and effective relief of headaches, toothache, backache, rheumatic and muscle pains and period pain. It also relieves sore throat and the feverishness, aches, and pains of colds and flu. Panadol tablets also help relieve the pain of osteoarthritis (which has been diagnosed by a doctor)
How to take Panadol tablets
- Adults, including the elderly, and children aged 12 years and over: Swallow 2 tablets with water 3 to 4 times a day as needed.
- Do not take more frequently than every 4 hours.
Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children aged 6-12 years: Give 1/2 to 1 tablet to swallow 3-4 times daily as required.
Do not give more frequently than every 4 hours.
- Do not give more than 4 tablets in 24 hours.
What does Panadol 500mg Contain?
- Panadol tablets contains the OptizorbTM formulation:
Active ingredient Each tablet contains Paracetamol 500mg.
- Other ingredients Pregelatinised starch, calcium carbonate, alginic acid, crospovidone, povidone (K-25), magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica, parahydroxybenzoates (sodium methyl parahydroxybenzoate [E219], sodium ethyl parahydroxybenzoate [E215] and sodium propyl parahydroxybenzoate [E217]), opadry white (YS-1-7003), which contains titanium dioxide, hypromellose, macrogol, polysorbate 80 and carnauba wax.
Always read the enclosed leaflet carefully.