Piriton Tablets contain an antihistamine (chlorphenamine maleate). Piriton Tablets can be taken for relief of hayfever, insect bites, skin allergies and food allergies.
- Adults: 1 tablet every 4 – 6 hours. Maximum of 6 tablets per day
- 6 – 12 years: Half a tablet every 4 – 6 hours. Maximum of 3 tablets (i.e. 6 halves) per day.
- Elderly: 1 tablet every 4 – 6 hours. Maximum of 3 tablets per day.
Do not take more than this stated dose unless told to do so by a doctor.
- Each tablet contains 4mg chlorphenamine maleate. Also includes lactose monohydrate. See leaflet for further information.
- May cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
- Avoid alcoholic drink.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not take Piriton Tablets if you are taking MAOI drugs. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other medication or receiving treatment for any medical condition.
- Do not store above 30 ° C.
- For oral use.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years.
Always read packagings and enclosed information leaflet carefully before use.